I do not normally complain about medical facilities.I understand they are busy and each individual is handled differently.

I think this is an exception. I hope this proves educational to other patients. I will keep it simple: A pre op EKG was performed at Houston Methodist Sugar Land. A copy was requested and given to the patient.

The patient shared that EKG with a specialist as part of his medical records a month later. The specialist notice what appeared to be a heart attack on the EKG. That was the first the patient had heard of that - even though he had undergone surgery 3 days after the pre op EKG had been performed. The patient followed up with primary care and cardiology only to learn the EKG was incorrect.

(Apparently the leads had been placed in wrong location during the pre op EKG.) Houston Methodist Sugar Land denies error; however, trained professionals use to reading EKGs on regular bases beg to differ with the Hospital. I it sad the patient had to advocate for themselves, but this is what our health care industry has come to.

If the patient had not requested a copy of the EKG, he would not have any proof of this error.Please stay alert with your medical care.

Review about: Houston Methodist Ecg Procedure.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments